Beach Summer Camp 2016
Inspiring kids to live happier, healthier, fuller lives through movement, mentorship,
sports & fun! NO digital distractions just nature, positivity & fun to connect tweens to becoming responsible & happy adolescents. Develop physical fitness & healthy habits, confidence, expression, connection, growth & leadership skills. Conveniently located at Santa Monica Beach, just south of Pico Blvd. 2400 Ocean Front Walk
Boys & Girls ages 10-14
Beach sports, activities & Hip Hop for thriving pre-teens.
All campers must be strong swimmers.
Private instruction available, must reserve in advance.
Camp Day $85
Camp week $240
Registration fee $35 includes mandatory LADF Rash Guard, must be worn at all times while at camp. 5% Sibling discount applied when siblings are booked together,offer not accepted with any other discount. Offer not good for merchandise, food or other non-service related item.
3-Day Camp Weeks
Week : June 13 – 17
Week : June 20 – 24
Week : June 27- July 1
Week : July 4 – 8
Week : July 11 – 15
Crazy Confidence & Endless Fun!
Every element of LA Dancefit Beach Series Summer camp was designed to create a fun and nurturing environment for all children from ages 10 to 14. From our carefully
selected staff, to our safe and beautiful location, we offer campers an unmatched day of camp fun and great experiences.
We call it Confidence, Development and Endless Fun! We offer incredible growth opportunities in the form of fun, creative, and exciting activities.
We treat our Counselors, Instructors and your kids like members of the family.
We want your child to develop self-confidence, friendships and find positive, encouraging role models in our Counselors & Instructors.
We believe that children learn by modeling the behavior of mentors, that’s why Counselors & Instructors are carefully selected and actively participate in all activities, instead of simply serving as a referee or watching from the sidelines.
NO TOLERANCE FOR BULLYING OF ANY KIND!
We believe that fun and personal growth go hand in hand.
◦ Basketball, soccer, volleyball, kickball, and capture the flag …
develop interdependence, confidence, and sportsmanship.
◦ Arts and crafts, dance and music …
foster creativity, imagination, and self expression.
◦ Swimming, and boogie boarding…
promote an active lifestyle, self-esteem, and perseverance.
◦ Gymnastics, dance, and martial arts …
cultivates self discipline, determination, and courage.
Pick up/Drop off Location
2400 Ocean Front Walk
Santa Monica, CA 90405
Exit the 10 Fwy West at 4th Street, left to Pico Blvd. Right onto Pico Blvd.
Left onto Ocean Ave (veer to right for Ocean Ave)
Park on the street, 2 hour metered parking.
We will be at the end of Hollister Ave.
9:45am to 10am
Pick up is promptly at 2:45pm-3pm.
An additional $25.00 an hour will be billed for late pick up past 3:15pm.
Early Drop-off available at 9:30am for an additional $15.00.
What to Bring:
• Lunch snack and water bottle (unless purchasing lunch).
• Swimwear, LA Dancefit rash-guard, sunscreen, hat, sunglasses, wetsuit (optional), towel, dry change of clothes, wear closed toe shoes for sports, to camp, sandals, & sweatshirt – all packed in a small backpack.
• Please leave all valuable items at home, we are not responsible for lost or stolen items.
Each Camper should be lathered in sunscreen prior to drop off.
Please put his/her name on all items brought to camp. Please do not bring expensive personal electronic equipment. Cell phones are not permitted for use during camp. Campers can bring their phones for contact but will not be allowed to use them during camp. The camp is not responsible for articles misplaced, lost or stolen.
9:30am Early Drop off
9:45 – 10am Sign-in, pre-camp activities
10am – 10:30am Meet & Greet, Daily Safety review, Snack
10:30am – 11:30am Stretch & Breakin’/Hip Hop/Dance
11:30am – 12:15 Lunch, re-apply sunscreen
12:15pm – 2pm PM Activities: Swimming, Beach Activities
2pm – 3pm Sports
2:45 – 3:15 Sign out
3:15pm – 3:30pm Extended care Available
If you have any questions, please call us at 310-473-3530 or email us email@example.com.
Safety is of the utmost importance. Your children are your most prized possessions and we take it very seriously that you are entrusting them to our care for the day. That’s why we review and strategize our safety measures regularly.
Camp rules are reviewed daily with the campers:
Drink Plenty of Water – Regular breaks
Never Go To the Bathroom Alone – Buddy system & Adult chaperone
Don’t ever leave your Counselor
Throw Trash in the Cans
Campers Must Wear LADF Rash Guards At All Times
NO BULLYING WILL BE TOLERATED
Protection in the Water
◦ Water Safety – We provide many layers of water safety to protect your child. Counselors are placed directly in the water with the children while on-staff lifeguards watch from the beach as well as a few trained lifeguards as part of our staff. LA County Lifeguards are on constant look-out directly behind and adjacent to our site. Our directors continually adjust staff ratios as children move about to maintain our 6 to 1 ratio.
Protection from the Sun
◦ Sunscreen – Sun damage is a major concern of parents for children who spend time outside. That’s why we require parents to liberally apply sunscreen to their children prior to arriving at camp. We then have mandatory
counselor-assisted sunscreen re-application using SPF 45
periodically throughout the day.
◦ Shade – Shade is another very important aspect for consideration when children are playing outside and there is plenty to be found under our 10′ x 10′ cabanas. To encourage our campers to cool off in the shade during the day, we provide a variety of activities that are based under the cabanas.
◦ Hydration Stations – Along with sunscreen and shade, hydration is key for a happy camper. We provide coolers filled with drinking water & Gatorade throughout the camp day and take regular breaks to re-hydrate.
Protection from Others
◦ Brightly Colored Camp Rash Guards – All campers must wear our LADF rash guard for easy identification. It is imperative that we can quickly spot any campers who are associated with LADF. Must purchase upon enrollment, will be available the first day of camp.
◦ Camp Boundaries – Our camp boundaries are clearly defined by Counselors. Kids are fully supervised with a 6:1 ratio at all times.
◦ Chaperoned Bathroom Visits – At no time will your child walk to the restroom without a staff member. We practice the “buddy” system and we also have dedicated “bathroom runners” on staff. This means that when your child needs to use the bathroom, they find a friend (buddy) and together with staff they are chaperoned to the restroom. Our bathroom runner will remain in the restroom with your child. Campers are then escorted back to their group site by their chaperone.
LADF takes severe allergies very seriously. If your child has a life threatening allergy, we ask that you speak directly with the Camp Director on your child’s first day of camp to discuss the specifics with him/her.
It is helpful to have the information in writing if possible so the Camp Director can have the information on hand if needed. Please include your child’s name, his/her date of birth, specific allergies, treatment plan if applicable, doctor’s name and phone number, and your contact information. This reduces any miscommunication of information between our office and the people who will be personally responsible for your child. While we do not regularly provide snacks for our campers, there are occasions when we do give out small camp-wide treats and while we try to be mindful of food allergies when selecting these snacks, we cannot guarantee they will be suitable for your child. Please discuss this with your child and the on-site Camp Director so everyone is clear on your child’s particular allergies.
◦ Staff – Our staff includes carefully selected LA Dancefit Instructors & Staff and experienced camp counselors favorited by the kids, each with multiple years of experience in child care!
With a skilled staff, we can truly focus on your child’s development and well being. Our extremely experienced staff ensures more responsible and mature caretakers for your child.
◦ All of our staff members are CPR Certified – We test our staff every season to guarantee current knowledge of any and all lifesaving techniques.
◦ 6:1 Camper to Counselor Ratio – We maintain a very low camper to counselor ratio to make sure your child is safe and getting the proper attention and care that is needed.
If you need to reach your child or camp location for an emergency please contact our on-site coordinator at 310-801-2459 and they will immediately contact the on-site camp director.